Codemasters announced the F1 2014 game today it will come out on the 17th of October this year on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. It features everything the F1 2014 has from the new turbo charged cars to the new circuits.
The game has refined the handling on the pad for players and the new game evaluation system learns your skill so you can get a really good challenge out of the game. When you accelerate you will experience the explosive power the new F1 2014 cars have with their turbos and with less downforce they probably feel different to drive as well.
Other changes made to the game is the scenario mode has been expanded and a improved career mode.
But what about F1 2015? News about it has also been revealed today, Codemasters say it will come out on the Xbox One, Playstation 4 and the PC so the game will be next gen. Codemasters plan to bring the game out early in the season and provide digital updates as the season progresses.
The final part of testing the new GPM2 2014 mod is now out. Check the forums for more http://www.forum.gpracegames.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=336&p=3189#p3189
Download the Grand Prix World 2013 Mod, beta V1 here:
Join in the discussion on our forums by clicking here!
Veedub continues to make great progress over on the GPRaceGames forum with his unofficial Grand Prix World update.
You can download the beta version (version 1.03) here.
Please, leave any comments, problems in the forum thread here.
Refer to the text file inside the zip file archive for full details.
The patch contains a number of game enhancements:
1. CAR HANDLING PERCENTAGES – the calcuations have been changed when completing car designs for next year
2. CAR HANDLING PERFORMANCE – every 1% now impacts race performance (previously every 10%)
3. POINTS SCORING SYSTEM – rewritten code now allows for points to be awarded to all positions
This is in addition to the changes introduced in v1.02:
1. GAME CD REQUIRED – the game CD is now no longer required to play the game.
2. DISPLAY MODE CHECK – the game will now run on any display mode higher than 16 bit.
3. RACE SOUNDS – under Windows XP/Vista/7, the game will no longer crash to desktop randomly when race sounds are enabled.
4. YELLOW FLAG PENALTIES – due to inconsistent behaviour, the player is no longer penalised when drivers ignore yellow flags.
5. CAR DESIGN – handling percentages are now calculated using the skill level of the Technical Director (Chief Engineer). (Superseeded in v1.03.)
Note: An additional file GPW_251815.EXE is included with this package and is loaded with the 2010+ points scoring system of 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1 for the top 10 finishing positions.
We have a new GPM2 Tracks downloads section for Grand Prix Manager 2 where you can download different GPM2 tracks created by the community.
In the downloads section there is a wide variety of GPM2 tracks, from modern updates, such as the excellent Albert Park, Australia updated track or old tracks such as Kyalami in South Africa.
We’ll continue to update the page as our fantastic community here at the GPRaceGames forums continue to create fantastic new tracks as well as finding old ones, such as from the old GPM2World website.
Why not have a look at the tracks, by clicking here!
Earlier this month in April we have seen a lot of activity in getting a 2014 mod made for the game Grand Prix World. Although it’s in the early stages its looking promising as Simul810 has created the 2014 liveries for the cars. If you can help out and contribute please do and join the discussion in this topic http://www.forum.gpracegames.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=372
The community continues their great work on the GPM2 F1 2014 Mod, and Sean has posted an important update to the plan:
Is to bring out the first version of beta testing after the Chinese race later this month. The mod will have the following things in it,
Beta Version 1 Includes,
1. 2014 main drivers, test drivers, rookies and experienced drivers. All of them have their correct age and stats etc.
2. Top down 2014 cars. The side view images as well but they may need to be redone later.
3. The staff you can hire and their ratings have all been updated for 2014.
4. 2014 sponsors included.
Things still to be done,
1. Make the Austrian and Russian tracks this is reserved work for Giovani Sàntana.
2. Change the nationalities and track names which Giovani Sàntana can do.
3. I will keep updating the drivers ratings as the year progresses to keep them realistic.
4. Change the year to 2014.
5. Change the car weight rule.
6. Ban certain parts and driver aids.
7. Once all the tracks are made make the 2014 perfect car set ups.
Some things we could change but may not be able to,
1. KERS – The 2014 cars work differently now and use Energy Recovery Systems (ERS).
2. Driver Aids – Most are modern but if someone has the art skills to change the driver aid images we could update them.
3. Feel free to add anything to this update.
We have finally got an indepth Grand Prix 2 Review in our reviews section. Written by Sean, who is a top-modder and website editor here at GPRaceGames.com, it’s definitely worth a reading the review to see whether Grand Prix Manager 2 has still got it.
Tell us your opinion over at the forums.